so i took a break and had a good old fashion sit-down on the front porch this evening. my shower was unexpectedly deferred so i took that opportunity to sit out and watch the rain. our front porch is very small, not much bigger than a "stoop" really, but there is an overhang and enough room to sit a camp-chair. so i sat out and took some pics, mostly of the trees and the yard, a few of the animals who were keeping me company. it was very relaxing. there was no heat, really, just a comfortable warmth that was held steady by the cool rain.

i remember when i was a child we didnt have air conditioning in our home so we always had the windows and doors open any time it was remotely warm. i cant tell you how many nights i lay and listened to the rain falling as i drifted off to sleep. it was especially comforting during the summer and early fall when the rain hitting the ground produced a certain aroma that i cant describe but anyone who grew up in the country knows what i'm talking about. i remember how happy i felt every time it rained, especially at night. i'm still that way. let someone mention rain and i'm cheesing it all the way to the bank :D

so there i was on the porch, chilling with my gypsy-doo and a couple of kitties. there was very little traffic on the road (surprisingly so) so it was pretty quiet. an ambulance went down toward the river with the lights flashing but came back with no lights within a half-hour. that was just about the extent of the excitement lol.

my bestest jackie called me and vented a little, i was happy to listen. heaven knows she listens to me vent enough; i was more than glad to return the favor. played around on my phone with the cityville hometown app then took a few more pics. might try to get them uploaded to here tomorrow while i'm somewhere with enough signal to transmit the photos properly.

i was doing fine in my own little world til the mosquitoes decided it was time for supper. down here on the river they are the size of small birds so when they start flying it's time to get inside!

so all in all it was a good day. i think i'm going to like this blogging. i dont really care if anyone reads it (not yet anyway lol) because writing helps me put things into perspective. i feel like i may be approaching an emotional turning point in my life and i'm going to have to keep a tight reign on things for a while til i get it worked out in my head.

typing helps me calm down too for some strange reason. seeing my fingers fly across the keyboard out of my peripheral vision just....soothes me. it makes me feel as though i'm accomplishing something. i've always had the problem of the words going faster in my brain than through the pencil onto the paper. that's why i always got bored of writing. not bored of composing, just bored of the actual act of writing words onto paper. i think so fast sometimes but i write slow and i just get lost. i've had access to a computer for several years now but discipline is a major issue with me so i've never really made myself sit and concentrate on putting my ideas onto "paper."

i want to write a book, a short fiction story, nothing of epic proportion. i seriously doubt you will find anything like "the stand" or "roots" come from me, lol. i dont know though, i know i have the ability, it's actually DOING it that is the problem.

i read somewhere once a famous writer said "if you wake up every morning and all you think about is writing, then you're a writer." so i guess that makes me a writer. i'm not an author yet, except for a few poems, but that's what i want to do. i think it might have been stephen king who said that but i'm not sure and i dont want to google it right now because i'll get sidetracked and never finish this entry lol. (i just heard my husband come in from work so i'm going to go ahead and cut this short anyway.)

thanks for reading, i hope that at least your eyes havent glazed over. and that you didnt fall asleep. please feel free to comment if you want. share any similar experience, memory, or idea you have, if you want. i always love hearing other people's thoughts and beliefs.

and in case you havent noticed, apostrophes and capital letters arent high on my priority list when i'm writing. that's why i like autocorrect. but i also hate autocorret. but that's a whole different kettle of fish i'll save for a future blog.

much love to you all <3
~t

2 comments:

  1. the only thing missing was the fans in the windows or sitting on the counter/dresser. there isnt anything like rain scents <3

    ur writting is beautiful. i have a feeling ima be saying that alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni,
    I am from the city, born and bred, and the scent of rain there is no where near as poetic as you make it sound in the country.
    It smells of steam and hot wet rotten garbage in some areas in the summer and even more of wet dog smell. I guess you become used to it (:
    thank you for sharing your memories and thoughts
    Scott

    ReplyDelete