just another manic monday

yep, that was my day. i wasnt late for anything (shocker!) but it was a hectic day nonetheless. the worst part of the whole day was the fact that i got less than two hours of sleep last night. i just could NOT fall asleep. hopefully i wont have that problem tonight!

so my books cost $275.00 and my kit cost $415.00.  *pulls hair out* i also have to have black scrubs (i wish someone had shared THAT bit of info with me before today so i could have prepared, those things aint cheap!) everywhere in vidalia and the surrounding areas are sold out of my size in that particular color so i have to drive all the way to statesboro to get them! i called ahead though to make sure they were in stock; they were, and the lady was kind enough to put them in the back for me. how nice of her! it's good to know that there are still people in this world who can be nice to strangers. i know that may not seem like much of a feat of kindness to some folks, but it is to me. i see so little of it in public today.

i dont know if i've expressed it here yet, but i am really excited about learning this new trade. i wanted to go into cosmetology as a teenager but i never did. well, it was a tossup between teaching and cosmetology. i didnt have the money to do either one so i just worked. eventually i had children and my dreams of education got pushed into the back corners of the attic. now though i'm able to pursue my dreams, both of them. i want to teach cosmetology but first i have to learn it and practice it. i want to teach, period, and i want to actually DO cosmetology so i decided to combine them. how smarticle of me!

i got to meet my classmates today; we are the junior cosmetology class. most of them seem like they are pretty well rounded and easy going. i am going to reserve most of my thoughts about them and see how they are once i get to know them better though. first impressions arent always accurate, either good or bad. but we all have to get along because for the next 16 months we will be together for 7 hours a day, 4 days a week. it'll be like a job or a family. i hope also that i am pleasant enough for them to be around; i know that sometimes i can be irritating. i hope i dont make a fool out of myself too often.

anyway, that was my day in a nutshell. i'm so tired and i still have some reading to do so i guess i'll get on that; that book isnt going to read itself!

taa-taa for now.....

~t

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO proud that my best friend is doing so much not just for her family but for herself.
    You are going to make lots of friends in your class and learn alot of new things you can show off on Bo =D

    I am so happy for you

    ReplyDelete